Always On, Inline, Automated, Advanced DDoS Mitigation
What is a DDoS Attack?
Referred as Distributed Denial of Service attacks have been part of the adversarial activity for decades, and they're only growing more prevalent attack techniques. Simply DDoS attacks attempt to disrupt the normal network traffic of targeted resources, services, or networks by unexpected traffic jams with a flood of Internet traffic. In this way, the attack prevents legit traffic from arriving at its destination. The impact could range from a minor inconvenience from disrupted services to experiencing critical applications, or even the entire business is taken offline.
- Lack of visibility into ongoing volumetric and application or protocol layer attacks
- Existing security solution unable to mitigate or stop attacks on the targets
- Unable to stop DDoS attacks hidden in encrypted traffic
Key Features and Benefits
- First Line of Defense: Arbor Edge Defense(AED) DDoS solutions stops all types of DDoS attacks to prevent networks, services
- AED is the on- premise component of industry leading, hybrid DDoS protection solution.
- REST API support for industry standards such as STIX/TAXII, SYSLOG (CEF, LEEF)
- Last Line of Defense: IOCs and other threat intelligence data from 3rd parties (via STIX/TAXII), AED can stop outbound communication from compromised internal assets to command and control (C2); to help stop exfiltration of a potential data breach
- Always-On, In-Line, DDoS Protection against volumetric, state-exhaustion and application-layer DDoS attacks
- Intelligently Automated Cloud Signaling. Send signal upstream to Arbor Cloud (or your ISP) to stop large attacks that will overwhelm on-premises protection
Defense at the Network Edge
NETSCOUT provides Arbor Networks DDoS protection solutions, used to protect from DDoS attacks, botnets that impacts critical applications and enterprise networks visibility.
Unlike other solutions, NetScout AED solutions help to protect all services inbound and outbound, providing best DDoS protection experience and contextual threat intelligence. Essentially, AED delivers both the first and last line of perimeter defense for an organization.
AED provides a single pane of glass to SecOps teams an unparalleled view into malicious traffic on the network. AED could also block outbound communication from compromised assets to C2 communication - essentially acting as a last line of defense. AED provides context-related IoCs, thus helping the SecOps teams better understand risk and provide additional context for proactive use in other security technologies.
We provide Netscout's advanced DDoS protection solutions to bring detailed network visibility, protection, and enable actionable mitigation. Arcane provides a more precise and sharper picture into networks with security context - so our customers can solve problems faster and help overcome the risk.
What does Cloud Delivered DDoS protection do?
Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks are becoming more frequent, more powerful, and more sophisticated than ever. With the growing availability of adversarial tools, increased global botnets, and CaaS networks can be accessed by attackers. Relying on traditional technologies to block and mitigate attacks is simply not likely, and enterprises dependent on 'on-premise' DDoS protection and mitigation solutions are not fully protected from today's threats.
Stopping DDoS Threats at Source
Today's DDoS attacks easy delivered and inexpensive resulting in Internet outages and potential damage to applications or even the entire business being taken offline. However, enterprises often face the dilemma of on-prem investments (CAPEX), lack of security talent, complex data center infrastructures, and more importantly, insufficient bandwidth resources. Cloud-delivered DDoS solutions offer consolidated mitigation simultaneously, not worrying about attack traffic volume and jams due to mass DDoS attack volume and types. So Enterprises can maintain their online presence, reduce the threat surface, and secure digital assets.
Key Features and Benefits
- Global network (> 9 Tbps) of 50+ scrubbing centers mitigates any size of attacks
- Industry-best 3-second mitigation SLA and 99.999% network uptime
- Flexible deployment models including Cross Connect, GRE tunnels, and Equinix Cloud Exchange (ECX Fabric)
- Less than 50 milliseconds of response times ensure the attack mitigation effectiveness
- Always-on, automated attack protection
- Advanced algorithms accurately identify and mitigate application layer attacks
- Protects websites and applications, network devices, domain name servers and individual IPs
- Supports Anycast and Unicast DNS routing
- Integrated analytics correlates DDoS and related events to focus on what really matters
- 24/7 operations center
- Backed by security experts at Imperva Research Labs
Defend Critical Network Assets
Imperva DDoS protection protects your infrastructure by leveraging the Imperva multi-terabit scrubbing network. Platforms deliver high-capacity packet processing capabilities to instantly mitigate the largest, most sophisticated DDoS attacks. The DDoS attack vector is an ever-changing landscape for every business, the Imperva platform protects you better than any on-premises or hybrid protection can, no matter what attack comes your way or what the future holds. Imperva supports multiple deployment models, including Cross Connect, GRE tunnels, and Equinix Cloud Exchange (ECX Fabric) DDoS protection is available as an always-on or on-demand model, with flow-based monitoring and support for the automatic or manual switchover. The Platform is designed for organizations that need to protect entire Internet-facing services and public IP ranges against DDoS attacks to mitigate volumetric and Layer 7 DDoS attacks - including HTTP/S, DNS, SMTP, FTP, VPNs, and others.
DDoS attacks instantly and continuously, the always-on model provides immediate protection without the need to monitor for attacks or implement BGP routing. With always-on protection, your C-class subnet routes all traffic to Imperva mitigation data centers. Similar to the on-demand, legitimate traffic delivered to you via GRE tunneling. Unlike other always-on services, Imperva guarantees 99.999% network uptime and industry-first 3-second mitigation SLA, if you are considering an always-on option.
On-demand service is ideal for organizations only when needed. There is no need for a trigger call, in the event of an attack, your team can reroute the traffic to Imperva scrubbing centers using BGP announcements. Similar to always-on mode only legitimate traffic is forwarded to your network via GRE tunnels. Anytime you can offload traffic for attack monitoring and switchover.
Single-Stack Speed, Capacity, and Accuracy
Imperva global network holds more than six Terabits per second (9 Tbps+) of scrubbing capacity and can process more than 65 billion attack PPS. This global network of 50+ points of presence (PoPs) Current Status of Global Network: https://www.imperva.com/products/global-network-map/
Insights, Visibility and Analytics
Imperva Attack Analytics provides visibility into emerging attacks from crowdsourced learning across the scrubbing network, utilizing machine learning for the most up-to-date, accurate, and advanced protection. Integrated Attack Analytics correlates DDoS attacks with other attack vectors, so you can quickly adjust security policies on the fly based on recommended actions to stop attacks in their tracks.
Have questions? Let's talk
Arcane experts are ready to answer your questions